Friday, December 16, 2005

An interesting public advertisement.


I found some interesting public advertisements.
I was impressed by its amazing inventive view.
Another surprising fact is that all ideas of advertisements come from the public
I'd like to introduce one of them, paticularly, I like.


It was awared an excellence prize of Korea Broadcasting Advertising Corporation(KOBACO) in 2004 .
The topic is "reading".
The meaning of slogan is that there is an annual ring of knowledge in books. I hope this is a good translation.
When I saw the advertisement, I strongly agreed with this idea,"reading is the most effective way of learning".

In Comm314, we analyse advertisements in the semiotic term these days. It is usually commercials, which imply particular myths and ideology. They mostly appeal the public emotion using images and texts. I think in the case of public advertisement, underlying intention may be different. This is because public adversiements primarily aim at social awareness. While commercials use the dominant ideology in order to get public agreement, it is likely that public advertisments usually go againt prevailing ideological myths. Therefore, people can realise problems which is not seriously cognised before.

I think by using the common feature of a tree and a book, it operates well to the public.

Even if I am inept to interpret the adversiement from the view of sign, I like to analyse various communicative matterials examing its denotation and connotation. Maybe I need to more study semiotics so as to develop the professional eye.


Source: Kobaco website


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home